State Archives of Reggio Emilia
Indicates the progress of the digitization activity.
The Reggio Emilia State Archive holds several collections of great genealogic value:
– the series of the Civil Status and Registry Office of the Municipality of Reggio Emilia(1549-1814);
– the acts and registers of Civil Status and Registry of the archives of the Israelite University known as “New”(1769-1861);
– the Civil Registry of the Public Prosecutor (Court Archives), of the cities of the former Crostolo Department (1806-1814);
– the Civil Registry files of the Reggio Emilia Court (1848-1945);
– the Civil Registry files of the Guastalla Sub-prefecture (1852-1865).
The Reggio Emilia Province Recruitment fileshold the Recruitment Lists (classes of 1840-1916). The sources for the following years (1917-1943) are held at the Modena State Archive. In these registries the military authorities indicated the maternity, paternity, address, occupation, physical features and the outcome of the recruitment examination (able, reformed, extended exemption) of each recruit. The same kind of sources can be found at the file known as Guastalla Circumscription Recruitment files (classes of 1840-1880).
Recruitment number and military draw number
The Draft Cards of the recruits of the 1874-1943 classes are hold at the Modena State Archive. The files are currently been organized and are only partly available for consultation.